Crispy Noodle Salad
Author: villaget Date Posted:16 December 2014
This recipe is such an oldie but such a goodie. We still find people that have never had it before!
- 1/2 to 1 Chinese Cabbage (Wombok) or if you prefer a Savoy cabbage
- 6 shallots
- 100g pinenuts or slivered almonds
- 1 packet of crispy noodles
- 1/2 BBQ chicken (optional)
- 1/4 C white vinegar
- 1/4 C castor sugar
- 1T soy sauce
- 2tsp. sesame oil
- 1/2 C olive oil
1. Place all of the dressing ingredients together and warm on the stove top enough so that the sugar dissolves well. Do not boil. Place the dressing into the fridge.
2. Thinly slice your cabbage and shallots. Shred your chicken (optional) and mix together.
3. Slightly brown your nuts in a frypan - be careful! They will burn easily and quickly if the heat is too hot.
4. Add the nuts and cooled dressing and gently fold through.
5. At serving - sprinkle your packet of crispy noodles over the top. This salad is so light and delicious you will find many people will be back for seconds!