Mum's Christmas Boiled Pineapple Fruit Cake Recipe
Author: villaget Date Posted:4 December 2013
- 1 x 450g tin Golden Circle crushed pineapple with juice
- 125 grams margarine
- 375 grams mixed fruit
- 1 pack glace cherries cut in halves
- 1 C white sugar
- 1 tsp. mixed spice
- 1 tsp. bi carb soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 C self raising flour
- 1 C plain flour
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- Secret ingredient - 1 dessert spoon of Marmalade
1. Add the first 7 ingredients + marmalade to a saucepan and boil on stove top for 10 minutes.
2. Allow to completely cool
3. Add sifted flour and salt to eggs and combine with other ingredients
4. Place in a square or round 18cm tin, lined with baking paper
5. Cook for 1hr on 160 degrees (fan forced)
6. Test with a skewer - make sure it comes out clean!
7. Leave in the tin until completely cooled
8. Store in an air tight container.