An easy to make delicious banana pancake recipe that is a tried and tested favourite!
If you like bananas and you like pancakes then this recipe is for you! We made these at the weekend they were just delicious! The fussy kids thought so too.
- 200g (1 1/3 cups) self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 55g (1/4 cup) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250g mashed banana
- 330ml (1 1/3 cups) buttermilk
- 40g butter, melted
- Olive oil spray
1. Sift the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and make a well in the centre. Add the eggs, mashed banana, buttermilk and butter. Whisk until smooth.
2. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray pan with oil. Drop three 1/4 cupfuls of batter into pan, allowing room for spreading. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Turn and cook for 1 minute or until golden. Repeat batches, with the remaining batter.